I like to bake and I really love the smell of baking. So, today, on my only night to myself this week I decided to bake a banana loaf, which is one of my favourite things to bake and just so happens to be on my Autumn List.
I first used a recipe to bake banana loaf from a cook book called 'Grandma's Best Recipes'. They are some really yum recipes in there, I once made a delicious Lemon Drizzle Cake with a recipie from that book. Anyway, I don't actually stick to the original recipes for cakes and such like, it's all just a bit of a rough guess, but hey, it works for me! This is my version of a delicious banana loaf (which I've actually posted before, but am just reposting as it's a real favourite) :
1.) Preheat oven to 180⁰C, and grease a 1lb loaf tin with non salted butter.
2.) Sift 225g of white self raising flour, 150g of demerara sugar, a pince of salt and half tea spoons of both ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
3.) Separately, mash 2 (or more, depending on how many you have) bananas with 175ml of orange juice. Stir in 2 beaten eggs and 4tbsps of olive oil.
4.) Pour this mix into the dry ingredients (one of my favourite bits) and mix well.
5.) Pour into the tin, and put into the oven for one hour. After the hour, check if it's done by inserting a knife/skewer into the top, if it comes out relatively clean, its done. If not, give it another 10 minutes and check again.
6.) Tip out of tin, leave to cool on rack (you know the drill).
I like to eat it buttered, but you can have it with honey, jam, whatever you fancy really.
Oh and after I poured the mixture into the tin, I added a sprinkle of demerara, the ground cinnamon and the ground nutmeg before putting it into the oven. It gives it a nice texture on the top.
But most importantly: enjoy!
But most importantly: enjoy!

3 comments:
i wish someone would just make one for me, that looks sooooo good!
MMM that looks good! I can't bake but I enjoy eating baked goods. My friend adds a cream cheese frosting to her banana loaf which I think is kind of a fun twist.
oh deary me, you have no idea how much this has made me eager to come home from uni so I can get baking!!! bookmarking this one to make at christmas i think. ;) x
Post a Comment