Sunday

Bananananana Loaves.

Today I baked my fourth ever Banana Loaf. 
I like to bake. I like the smell of baking and the oven being on. I like that banana loaf uses up bananas that are on the wrong side of being good to eat. 


I first used a recipe from a cook book called 'Grandma's Best Recipes.'  They are pretty sweet recipes, I once made a Lemon Drizzle Cake from the book. And it was gooood. Anyway, I didn't actually stick to the original recipe for the loaf, this is my version:


1.) Preheat oven to 200⁰C, and grease a 1lb loaf tin with non salted butter.
2.) Sift 225g of white self raising flour, 150g of demerara sugar, a pince of salt and half tea spoons of both ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.



3.) Separately, mash 2 (or more depending on how many you have) bananas with 175ml of orange juice. Stir in 2 beaten eggs and 4tbsps of olive oil. 
4.) Pour this mix into the dry ingredients (one of my favourite bits) and mix well.
5.) Pour into the tin, and put into the oven for one hour. After the hour, check if it's done by inserting a knife/skewer into the top, if it comes out relatively clean, its done. If not, give it another 10 minutes and check again.
6.) Tip out of tin, leave to cool on rack (you know the drill.) I like to eat it buttered, but you can have it with honey (... hmm, I may also try jam.)


I'm actually really proud of the way it turned out today. You could say... chuffed. :)
Oh and after I poured the mixture into the tin, I added a sprinkle of demerara, the ground cinnamon and the ground nutmeg before putting it into the oven. It gave it a nice little texture on the top.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails