Sunday

Current film wish list.

1.) Ponyo. From Studio Ghibli. Directed by Hayao Miyazaki. (2008)
I went to go see film this at the Odeon cinema with my love Anna, you'll have seen her before here. I pretty much love all of the Studio Ghibli films already especially Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away both by the same director as this one. But don't get me wrong, I'm not a animé geek or whatever (not anymore) I just really appreciate the gorgeous animation of Studio Ghibli. That and I'm still and child inside really. Anyway, Ponyo is a story about a magical fish who becomes best friends with a human and they pretty much save the world together. It does have a little bit of a silly ending though. It's only just been released on DVD, as I signed up on Amazon to be emailed when it came out, and that's why I'm doing this film post actually.




2.) Where The Wild Things Are. Directed by Spike Jonze. (2009)
I didn't have college one day as my lesson was cancelled, so me and Alex went to the cinema instead and we really wanted to watch this as we'd hear lots about it in the press. It was really fun and entertaining, shot from the kids point of view concerning his family, and plus had a cool soundtrack entirely by Karen O And The Kids. 




3.) Up. From Walt Disney. Directed by Pete Docter and Bob Peterson. (2009)
This is possibly the best Disney film I've watched in my 'adult' life. (I know, I'm only 17, but I feel pretty adult.) It's so sad and happy and moving all at the same time and I couldn't recommend it more. We saw it in the cinema in 3D, which I am NOT a fan of by the way, I don't know if it's wearing normal glasses too, or just my eyes in general, but I never really see the full effect of 3D, plus I'm not a fan of the 30 or so % colour loss that you get either.



I know: they're all pretty much 'childrens' films so far. Lets change that...


4.) Moon. Directed from Duncan Jones. (2009)
Also went to go see this is the cinema (what haven't we seen at the cinema?) Lots of people said they wanted to come see it, but it turned out just me and Alex, as per usual, but I like it. The film really messed with my head, and I pretty much didn't know what was going on for periods of time just because it was so mind boggling. Id like to own it and see it again though. Plus Lurch wants to see it. (Apparently I didn't tell him we were going to go see this film and he really wanted to see it. But, dear blog, in truth, I didn't know at all he wanted to see it, he did not tell me.)




5.) A Serious Man. Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen. (2009)
I like the Coen Brothers, and this was a good one. But I've already said about that.



6.) Saturday Night And Sunday Morning. Directed by Karel Reisz. (1960)
This is part of the British New Wave, Alex showed it to me. I liked it, and I even copied Albert Finney's character Arthur in putting my watch face in the inside of my wrist, I remember a teacher of my primary school did it and now so do I.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails