I also bought Alex, Mesrine parts One and Two on DVD.
Especially because for two of our 'weekly cinema dates' we went to go see these films and they were mind blowing to say the least. I'm not normally a fan of gangster films in general, Scarface and The Godfather films have never really floated my boat, so I think I was a little apprehensive about seeing them. Nevertheless, from a few minutes into the film, I knew I'd like it. The opening sequence was actually amazing, the director Jean-François Richet used this multiple split screen technique which really gave the impression of paranoia. Plus the two characters Mesrine and Sylvie Jeanjacquot instantly oozed cool. Mesrine with his beard and Sylvie Jeanjacquot with her red hair (and hand held puppy.)
I'd recommend this film to anyone, Vincent Cassel's performance is mesmerising, he's a French gangster yet I loved his charm and wit. I think I bought it for me as much as his, as I really REALLY want to rewatch it. Shh don't tell anyone. ;)
That is the trailer for Mesrine Part One which totally blew me away, while here is a video blog on the Mesrine films by the critic Mark Kermode.
Happy Girthday Alex. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment